preseason final episode - day 8
Kims flies home today. So it’s the last post for the preseason. It’s been a great visit. Last night we got an irate email from an employee… I fucking hate that I let work disturb me like this while on personal time. I was up most of the night unable to get it out of my mind. Oh well…
I have taken two days off working out. I’m still committed to Portugal Ironman. But I’m also realizing the approach I have been taking is causing burn out and I need to be more stratigraphic in the workouts. They should either be intentional for a purpose or fun and enjoyable. I need to check in each day to figure out what my mind and body are capable of that day. Sure, as we get 3-4 months out from the race I’ll have to do them even if my mind doesn’t want to… but right now the priority should be on finding how to make them fun again
We spent the day on the beach and then Kim got to see the yoga place I’ll probably be chilling at later in the trip. She trusted them enough to stand in the middle of the swarm of “stingless” bees. I didn’t.
I drove around for about 3 hours trying to find a charger for my laptop (I killed mine by plugging it into the outlet without a protector). No luck. I’ll try again tomorrow. When I got back I was so tired I couldn’t sleep so I paced around the house for a while “cleaning”. Omg I’m my father.
Today marks the end of preseason… tomorrow I “get to work” (less booze, more reading, etc)
Comments
Post a Comment