Day 5
Todays mediation flowed around the question “am I defined by what I do?” Husband. Father. Triathlete. Work. Friend.
In my 20s and 30s the answer was a strong yes. I was my career and my family. Now? I think I am a lot more balanced.
It reminded me of the quote “I am not what I think I am, I am what I think you think I am”. I am still not as solid as I would like to be and probably never will be. But I am grateful that I have made a lot of progress in giving up on making how I think others see me a cornerstone of my identity. Deciding not to post on social media yesterday was not a challenge for sober Scott :)
Today was another day as a tourist with Kim. We went Tequila tasing, toured some Mayan ruined, drove the loop around the island again to get back to our place because I was hangry and needed a turkey sandwich.
The highlight was a dinner cruise on a pirate ship. It was very entertaining.
I didn’t work out at all today (other than dancing on the boat). I’m also drinking alcohol each day and eating anything (lots of meat) that looks interesting. I can definitely feel the difference and wouldn’t be able to do this for much longer, but it is nice to have adventures with Kim and explore everything together. Im glad she came with me on the first week.
Comments
Post a Comment