Day 3

This morning I went for a 4mile easy run during sun rise and it felt good. I was listening to the monk book and realized my brain kept shifting to negative thoughts (strategies to retaliate to the thief at work or how to address a relative that I love but don’t feel safe to be around so I withhold communication which hurts us both but I haven’t found a safer way to enrage). Why is it easier for my mind to focus on negative problem solving than to listen to a happy monk talk?


But, back to the book… One thing I haven’t had a chance to deeply explore is “what am I afraid of?”  I’m looking forward to digging into that in the coming weeks. 


Over breakfast I started working on a playlist. I can’t find what I’m looming for. Songs that are: 7 parts blues based rock, 2 parts hip hop, 1 part Latin (I’m in Mexico).  Should reference drugs and fucking at least once per song. Lyrics should be understandable and profound. 


We went to the store and on the way there the horseback riding guy (Mr. Boots) asked if we could meet at 2pm. We rushed to get the shopping done and locked up in time. This caused me anxiety (our Jeep is named “Darth” and he doesn’t have hyperdrive… )

The horse trip was a highlight. Kim rode Tequila and I rode Whiskey.  They were both spirited and loved to trot. We walked along the beach for a while and took the horses in the water. The highlight was going into the jungle and being inside the canopy where you could look up to the green trees.  

After horseback we went on a drive to the east side of the island. Our first stop was a late lunch. Our final stop was a Rasta bar with great hammock. It didn’t have that familiar Rasta smell … 

Comments