Day 20
Really nice conversation with my cousin about how she is processing some stuff she is going thru. Was able to engage but also state when I had enough (given the topic was around past traumas she had and her faith it was not a topic I was eager to engage but it is SOOO much of who she identifies herself as right now it’s something I have to engage because it’s who she is right now). We also have things in common (both value adventure). We had a great day riding bikes around the island stopping at beach bars. We left the house around 10am on our bikes and didn’t get home until 5pm when we “quickly” showered before heading to Alberto’s for dinner.
At one of the stops I spent some time envisioning another scenario for 55-65 years old:
Where: anywhere
What: temporary CEO for medium size remodeling companies for when the existing CEO becomes ill or wants to take a month vacation
Benefits: I envision doing two or maybe three engagements per year. This would allow me to travel (adventure) and the different companies would allow me to solve problems and I enjoy helping people get a better work/life balance (service). All sorts of ways this could play out (Partner with Kyle/RA, do it as a reoccurring life insurance model)
Downside: it’s work and I would have to be publicly visible as somebody that works. This would require me to maintain public/work persona. I avoid that for two reasons; 1) I would likely fall back into defining myself as my public/work persona, possibly undoing some of the work I have done to break free from that in my head. 2) I still have scars from the last time I had a public/work persona (mostly healed scars… but scars none the less)
Comments
Post a Comment