Day 4
The question I was flowing thru this morning during my meditation was, “how do I approach my life?” The answer I came up with was
I take measured and scientific incremental improvements to meet base needs and enable adventure.
This is true in all major areas of life, at least until I run out of things to try. I love adventure and new things. I do have anxiety when something I’m trying to do doesn’t go as planned, including not being able to measure it (triathlons are just an excuse to gather data to make graphs).
When cycling today I was listening to a book and a quote came across that I really liked. “Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary”. A large part of me resisted that quote because my brain associates Gospel with American Evangelicals…. Who I do not hold in high regard… but if instead I think back to the teachings of the Gospel… ya, living and sharing that with others via action would be pretty dope.
While cycling some sketchy side streets (seriously outside the tourists zones the trash situation here is a bit out of control) I stopped in at a Yoga retreat place I’ve heard good things about. You know sometimes when you meet somebody and they have a sense of calm and kindness that is so overwhelming… well the greater persons name was Yael and she had a vibe of kindness that just radiated off her.
It was cool to see a flesh and blood example of the quote I had floating around in my head.
We spent most of the day at the beach and pool. It was all inclusive, so I had a few. I snapped a photo of my tooth because I broke it and tried to figure out in my drunk mind “is it ok to post dental issues to social media” that turned into a drunk text where I contemplated posting something real to social media each day. In my sober state I decided that would be unhealthy for me. My ego would likely want approval for what I post, so I would likely either be dishonest or even worse dishonest with myself. So that’s a Hard No.
We ended the day with a super nice dinner watching the sunset. Pretty solid day.
Comments
Post a Comment