Day 14
Today I finished reading the book “the righteous mind”. Super helpful. I was able to complete the forgiveness exercise. Here’s the video. I watched it once. I have no problems letting go of this. There’s a couple misstatements in the video (six axes not three axes) but that doesn’t really matter.
I really do feel like I can forgive the Christians I grew up with. And as for the rest of the fundamentalist Christians I don’t view them as any more evil than the Taliban. Which is pretty evil. But they don’t upset me when they’re not bombing shit
I’m looking forward to approaching Christians with open mindedness towards understanding why they have strong values towards purity and patriotism and authority. I also will do my best to recognize that many of them do value not causing harm to others and fairness. For me this is as intellectually interesting as talking to other foreign groups (I love talking to Mexican women to understand why they let Mexican men treat them in such a second class way). These talks are never gonna change my mind but at least it’s interesting to understand why they think that way.
Not a sunset yet, but here is where I watched the video the first few times this afternoon to know I can let go and forgive the Christian’s i grew up with. It was also here I found somebody selling plants I like… and he knows the guy I rent the house from. He was like “oh you are the guy who sunbathes nude and got a massage” (the two times the homeowner stopped by). So I’m some sort of local celebrity :)
I gave him some pesos like an hour ago for my plants. I’ve been watching my video and drinking margaritas. I may be out $200pesos($10usd) for my plants if he doesn’t come back, and I’ve spent a lot more than that on my margaritas. He finally showed up about the time Ally called with some health issues. Kim drove up to Duluth to bring her home. Tonight doesn’t seem like a good night to invest in plants or alcohol. I’m glad kim got to her and I made it to the beach in time to watch the sunset, watch my video, and let it go as the sun goes down.
Comments
Post a Comment