Day 15
Today my friends came in town. One of my closest friends surprised me by showing up. We walked to town a bit and went to the market back at our place to watch the sunset and cook dinner. We started watching the movie Apocalypto. It was about the Mayan call Terr. It’s portrayed as very communal and brutal. It has subtitles and we’re watching it on a very large 27 inch TV :-) so I can barely read the subtitles. The good news is there’s very little dialogue. I think the movies pretty well done. It’s giving me a lot of insight into why some of those core values that I don’t understand such as purity in group travel behavior and authority are a value. I can see joy in the community members in the movie based on having that community and how those values are reinforced in the tribe.
Comments
Post a Comment