Day 6

I am struggling with my goal of maintaining Ironman fitness for a year.  I am burnt out and not enjoying the training. My training over the last month has declined in quality as my mental and physical status has declined. I didn’t workout at all yesterday and today I had to talk myself into a 4 mile easy run. 4 miles is nothing… but I just feel tired (physically and mentally)…. I’m sure the shots last night on the pirate ship didn’t help. I got to mile 2 and really wanted to quit. I quit at the 5k mark … walked for a few minutes and ran in the last half mile. But these were easy miles. This is the quitters face at the 5k mark. 


I’m afraid of the Ironman Portugal course.  The 4K climb on the bike and more aggressive cut off times are messing with my head. 


This fear is always in the back of my mind and makes each workout something I “have to do” and takes away from the space of “I want to do this”. 


I want to find some time to do some workouts while I’m in Mexico where my focus is on just having fun. Joy?


I also want to find some workouts to really push. Trying to push into the pain cave and have the courage to hang out there. 


We took a Mexican cooking class today which was a lot of fun. The afternoon was spent by the pool and watching the sunset on the beach. 

Comments