day 2

Spent some meditation time this morning to try to understand feelings, emotions and thoughts. As somebody on the spectrum the vocabulary used by others is different than mine. I think most people can go from “feeling” to “emotion” (I feel cold, I don’t like it). I have the same emotion reaction to being cold. I don’t “like” it. But my brain goes “feel” then “thought” then “feel” then “thought” then “emotion”. I process I feel hot, oh that’s the sun… it is atypically warm and I am dressed incorrectly… I still feel hot …. I think I don’t like that … ya I don’t like that.  


This is an exaggeration and it isn’t a step by step process (seems to happen all at once even though they are sequential logic steps). Why I was trying to unpack was just how I process “feeling” differently then neurotypical person and yet still have strong feelings and emotions.  


Workouts today included the 4mile morning run and about 2.5hours on the bike. I went to town to get fresh juice. I must have had 30-40lbs of liquid stuffed in my backpack. My body was exhausted by the time I was home. But I’m in love with Horchata (rice juice). 


I finished the day with the sunset on the beach and connecting with friends on FaceTime. Also the humidity today was high due to yesterday rain. The AC unit is leaking into the wall and out this outlet. I’m sure the puddle on the floor is safe. 

Comments