Day 8 (I think... I’ll need to check yesterday’s post to know)

 Today was a busy day. I did not feel like getting out of bed until 10 AM. It was one of those mornings where I just want to lay around. I think it was the rum punch and stuff on the beach yesterday. But by 1015 I was on the bike and heading out. By 1020 I had a huge smile on my face. I really do like this place. It’s absolutely beautiful. 

I thought I was just heading out for a half hour ride. But I’ve learned better. I did bring a gallon of water with me. Just in case :-). I biked to Omar’s and Boogaloo‘s and Taylor Beach. I wanted to see how far that road would go. I found some fun mountain biking.


 I was then heading towards da conk shack (not even close to a direct route home). Because I’m absolutely in love with our hot sauce and I’m out. Da’ wife told me they sell it there less expensive than the grocery store. $10 per 3 ounces seems a little ridiculous. About a mile away from da conch shack I got a flat tire. I had to choose between pushing the bike to the conch shack and walking 5 miles back home. Obviously I chose to walk to the conch shack and figure it out once there. I filled up my Camelback hydration pack with 1 gallon of rum punch. It was pretty cool cause I could drink it safely under my mask as the bartender was adamant that we not eat or drink on premises due to the new government apocalypse quarantine. He called me an overpriced taxi cab ($50 for 5 miles) and I dropped the bike off on the way home. I did eat my food at his beach dammit. 

While riding around I’ve been listening to JJ Grey and Mofro. They seem to be the music at speaking to me while on the island. I’ve started a playlist. Different songs have had different meanings on different days. I’m not sure if Amazon will update it as I update it on the island but here is the link 

    https://music.amazon.com/user-playlists/76d4d00091fb4025824133ac5cd3e1e6sune?ref=dm_sh_qFkiLI9NoQWIIPddXG8FHT2Sz    

Well I’m back on my standard spot on the beach. And my Camelback is empty of the 1 gallon of rum punch (some of it is in my fridge). This really old couple just walked out to go snorkeling. Every time I don’t wanna work out I must look at this photo. They are in late 60s or 70s, doing this on their own mid-apocalypse and have life left in the tank.

Also... I got a T-shirt at da conk shack  it smells clean  I forgot that smell (I’ve been “cleaning” my sweaty clothes in the sink with dish soap and then throwing them outside on the ground to dry)  










Mood: I love this place

Real humans: 2 (bartender and cab driver)

Video humans: 1 (da wife)



Comments