Day 12



 Today has been a day of broken stuff... but it doesn't seem like a big deal here.  Everything just happens when it happens. Island time.




I started the day heading out for a 3hr bike ride.  I was about 5 miles into it and got a flat. The good news is that it was only a half-mile from the shop. The bad news was it was 8AM and the shop didn't open until 10AM.  So I pushed the bike back to the shop and went for a run. I was in my biking singlet so I had a giant maxipad between my legs while running. I ended up running about 8miles. Well, I probably ran 5 and walked 3 due to heat. I tell myself "due to heat" but really I was mentally struggling to push myself to run after the long run a few days ago.  I got back to the cycle shop at few minutes before 10AM. I waited until about 10:15 before calling to find out if/when they were going to open. It was becoming a poop emergency (I had about 1gal of water and 3Gu's over the last 2 hours of running that all wanted to get out of me as quickly as possible). They repaired the bike and I headed home.  I hung out by the pool and did a bit of stretching. The internet in my villa is not working so I'm crewing thru cell data. The repair guy is on island time. So I decided to do a load of laundry in the washing machine. I must have spent 10 minutes pushing buttons on that damn thing before giving up. I know I don't do laundry much... but I kept asking myself "how hard could it be to do a load of laundry in one of these things".  I finally gave up and as I was walking back ran into the housekeeper and asked her if she could show me how to start the laundry. She said, "that one is broken, but if you leave your laundry with me I will put it in the housekeeping laundry machine when I'm done".  

Finished the day with a steak  

I met some folks from New Jersey.  Crazy funny people. But they are not COVID safe (one of them kept trying to touch me).  I asked him to stop but he was clearly wasted. I asked what he was up to and he said "Trees".... we hung out by the pool for a while and chatted. I also had Luis over so he could fix the internet. COVID is pretty bad down here (2x the infection rate per person than the worst parts of the US right now).

Mood: Anxiety is back. I think I'm over-stressing about trying to get to TSS of 75 in a reasonable time. I did talk to people today so I'm stressing about being near people.

People talked to: 7 (4 NJ people, bike shop dude, housekeeper, Luis)

Video people: 0


Comments