Day 1

This morning I got up a bit before sunrise and ran to the other side of turtle Cove. I did some trail running to get to the top of the hill where I got to watch the sunrise.    
After my run, I made some coffee, eggs, and English muffin and did my stretching in the pool.

The apartment has a pair of scissors so I was able to shave off my facial hair (request of da'wife).

I took a 2-3 hour bike ride to Longs beach and the ferry docks (not running on Sunday). I was able to watch kite surfers. I decided against trying it out as I want to use all my energy on the three-triathlon related sports. On the way back I stopped at the Pork Shack for a nice meal (under $20 for rum punch, a large pork sandwich, and a basket of fries). The best part was they had real staws for the cocktail (I hate paper straws).  Upon getting back I washed the stink out of my clothes and put them out to dry while I fired up the laptop to catch up on some work.

All in all my mood has been less frantic and anxious than yesterday. I'm starting to slow down a bit... well not slowed down yet to "normal American speed" and defiantly not "island speed" ... but we have time.


I ended the day watching the sunset on the beach and then having a zoom call with the family back home including the daughter in Duluth while the Super Bowl played ...  before falling asleep on the couch. Getting to see the family together on zoom was really nice. I reflected on how much we spend talking with the kids about what school they are doing or projects. Nothing wrong with that but it’s a form of parenting Smalltalk. I wonder if it’s possible to have more meaningful conversations or if that would be just weird? 


Mood: Grateful for the experience, enjoying the workouts, physically tired but can't nap (need to make sure I don't overdo the workouts).

Real humans spoken to: 2
Video humans spoken to: 3

Comments