Day 16

 I'm tired.  The workouts are rough. I think I can do it, but right now, I'm just tired.  This morning I got up at 4:30AM to be ready to run by 5AM. I ran for an hour then cycled for an hour and then swam 1K yards.  I got home, did some work, and then cycled for another 30 minutes. I've committed to the goal of hitting 75TSS, or however high I can get it by 3/5/2021. If I hit it sooner, I'll head home sooner. If I don't hit it by 3/5/2021, I'll head home then. I don't miss Minneapolis, but I miss home. I'm still holding out home will just move here (HINT HINT)

The laundry machine is broken so I washed my clothes in the sink. I hung them outside and as soon as they were about dry a storm came in to give them an extra rinse cycle. 


Looking in my fridge this is clearly a bachelor pad. It is mostly mean, leftover pizza, beer, and liquor. 

I made myself a nice steak for an early dinner as I am pretty sure I will crash at any moment. I've got a good bit of anxiety over feeling feverish today.  I'm 90% sure it is because I have a sunburn and am pushing my body too hard. But my head keeps coming back to the chance that it is COVID. I'm clearly no monk.

 

I'm enjoying the book "how to think like a monk". But I'm clearly not in that mental space right now. He has a lot of really deep things to say about how to forgive yourself and others. I really should read this book and sit with it. 

I'm looking forward to the chance to go SCUBA diving tomorrow. They pick me up at 8AM... which means another early morning to get all the workouts in. I also feel like I should work a bit more since I will be on a boat all day tomorrow.








Comments