Day 13

The first picture was taken at 5:30AM and the second picture was taken at 6:30AM. The difference in heat is amazing. It was just a 4 mile run. The first 2 miles were at dark and easy. The last 2 miles after the sun was up felt like I was encased in concrete.

Today was a day of mixed focus. I worked a good bit :( but I also focused a lot on hitting the exact workouts needed to get to TSS75 in early March so I could go home with that goal completed. I've only had a fitness score of 75 one time in my life (the year I did the Ironman I had a score >75 from Aug to Oct as I finalized the training). I am going to push towards the goal for a few days and assess if it is realistic to get this early in my training. I wouldn't be able to sustain it, but I may be able to peak there for a day :)

I biked to town and set up a SCUBA trip for Tuesday and extended my bike rental another week. The guy told me "you already rented it for 2 weeks" so I was like "cool, then I will get this bike jersey" which I put on. He then told me my tab and I was like "WTF man - you said I hand rented it for 2 weeks so I assumed I owned you nothing and what is this jersey made out of that it would cost that much"... anyway he was telling me that I had already been riding for 2 weeks... He was clearly experiencing the same trees as the guy I met last night as he had trouble operating the cash register. 

I worked mid-day and then went for an open water swim. The wind is shifting and I wanted to find Smith Reef before the N wind came in over the next few days. I've swam out there a few times but only find grass. I looked at the satellite image and tried to go towards something a slightly lighter color. You can see here where I swam. I marked in Yellow where I think the coral is. 



Here is a video of the start of the reef. Assuming the water is not worse tomorrow I plan to swim all the way out (I was a bit cautious since I had my iPhone with me).

After running 4 miles, cycling for an hour and swimming in chop for 20 minutes I'm still short of my daily score to get to TSS75... but just barely. I came 250y short of what I needed on the swim. I know my body well and know if I do any more tonight I'll not be able to do this all again tomorrow. My hope is that I can pick up some endurance and some extra points on the last few days.  Who knows.  But right now it is time to sit by the pool and have a beer... or six.


 Mood: Focused on the goal, but not committed to it yet in case it is unreasonable. 

People talked to: 8  SCUBA dude, Bike guy, 4NJ and Max and Maxamilion who leave tomorrow :(
Video People: 3

Comments