Day 3
Today was a me day. I didn’t sleep real well last night because I was excited to wake up early to catch the ferry to go to North Caicos for a long bike ride. I woke up the first time at 1 AM and then again at 3 AM. I finally got out of bed at 5 AM and started puttering around the house. I made myself some pancakes and coffee and was on the road by 7 AM. About 745 I realize that I was going to slow and I was going to miss the 8am ferry so I had to speed up. But I made it in plenty of time. After all the ferry operates on island time. I seem to spend a lot of my time and energy thinking about what’s next rather than thinking about what’s now.
The island itself was a ghost town.
It probably didn’t help that thanks to the Covid Apocalypse there’s a new curfew starting today. Everybody has to be inside by 6 PM. No bars or restaurants are allowed to serve anything but takeout. And the bars and restaurants and every store have to close by 5 PM. Which is totally OK with me because I like to go to bed early.
I had lunch in an alley next to a pile of trash. Because that’s how I roll.
I stopped at the infamous Hollywood beach. Nobody was there. I ended up biking about 45 miles. Or is the locals told me about 70 km? I got back to the villa at About 3 PM. Poured myself a really stiff cocktail and headed to the pool to pass out. All in all a good me day.
On the entire ride back the boat driver kept trying to see how close he could get to the shore.
At the pool I was myself for a moment. I told the guy from the philapenes that I would find commodities that support the increase in sq ft per resident will go up in the downtown area due to gen z wanting post-avocado-and-toast and the penthouse gen x era wanting to move out of downtown post covid.
Mood: physically tied, content.
Real humans: 2
Video humans: 1




Comments
Post a Comment