Day 7
I relocated to a new villa this morning. That meant doing my first bit of grocery shopping. At check out there was an American yelling at the clerk about how he didn’t wanna wear a mask. I’m used to seeing that type of behavior back in the states but it’s my first time seeing it here. For the most part everybody here is super nice and polite (except when driving.... these people drive all over the place and speed limits are ignored). The guy went out of his way to make sure everybody knew that he was a “Christian“. I don’t really understand how that’s relevant to the “grumpy man is afraid of mask” argument.
I spent a good bit of they day (5hr) sitting on the beach in the same chair noodling over this guy and other similar people I know....
Politically, I value American’s right to individual freedoms, including the right to not wear a mask and deciding not to get vaccinated. I fully support this right. (I am ignoring I’m not in America at the moment).
I also try to love my neighbor as much as myself. Masks and vaccines protect my neighbor, so I view them as a moral imperative.I am comfortable with holding these two truths at the same time. I choose to wear a mask and get vaccinated when it is my turn in line.
I also don’t think my opinions, morals, religion or rights should imposed on others. I try to leave space for others. So if you want to advocate a different option than mine, I’ll do my best to leave you space. Even if you advocate a “Christian” anti masking stance, I’ll try not to judge but understand your fear that has lead you to replace “Christ Like” with “Christian”.





Comments
Post a Comment