Day 6
My mornings are becoming routine. After a 6AM 4 mile run, I cool off and do some stretching in the pool before heading inside for "coffee time" with da'wife. 6AM is the earliest we are allowed to be outside due to the curfew and I enjoy getting my daily run in before the sun is up (about 6:30AM). This morning the mosquitoes were out in force at the pool. I ate the end of the leftover pancake mix... I'm really running low on supplies (all that is left is 2 frozen turkey burgers, some really old leftover pasta, 2 slices of bread, a ton of parmesan cheese, and an unopened bag of chips). Tomorrow I move to a place without a kitchen so I plan to grocery shop around that change.
I talked to da'wife this morning about her thoughts on when I should come back. I don't think either of us has a strong opinion yet. She did say she isn't eating as well since her cook is not at home (I enjoy cooking.... and offered to help figure out how to get easy to prepare groceries delivered... but she said she wants to go to the store). A few days ago I also heard that my swim buddy had stopped going to the pool since I wasn't at home anymore. He and I did a virtual swim together yesterday. Those two inputs are so far the only things I'm hearing about why to not make this experience exceptionally long (oh and the dog misses me). I am leaning towards having this experience last until it ends... IE not put an artificial end date on it as it will drive me to schedule/plan for that day. Instead, just let it happen. Some day, I'll be "well that was enough of that". But not today. I extended by bike rental for another week today. So I’m leaning into at least one more week... probably longer.
Mood: I’m pretty chill
Human: 1
Virtual humans: 1


Comments
Post a Comment