Day 23

 Today has been mostly about working out. I didn’t wake up in time for a run before sun-up so I went to the morning CrossFit class and then did my run in the heat of the day. I went back to the casa and did my meditation and tried to get my body temp back to normal range before heading to the beach.  So far I haven’t missed a sunset yet :)

I’m wrapping up the book on “Waking up”.  I think the non-dualism concept is a bit advanced for my current meditation practice. I’m still learning focus/concentration (TicTok doesn’t help) part of mindfulness.  I do really appreciate the openness by which this more advanced meditator shares his ideas, it is helpful to not have to feel so “lost” all the time. But I think it was a bit too deep, at least for right now.  The good thing I got out of it is his meditation app.  So far I’m on day 8 and love his approach to guided meditations and some of the ‘podcast’ episodes. 

Kim said she has started to read From Strength to Strength.  The book seems written for “strivers”, she has a little of that, but I don’t think she has had the career addiction I have had. The last 5 years or so she work has definalty taken a larger amount of her brain space than ideal.  But I don’t’ think the first part on “strivers” and “work addiction” is really as applicable to her as the mid-part of the book about understanding our curves and the need to build relationships… the last part (spirituality) well, I would love to talk to her about that…. But it is even less of a fit than the first bit of the book. 

Comments