day 2
I rana back from the morning group hike and they were going to meet me at the house. Instead they went and got lunch. I sat around waiting for an hour and decided to not wait around anymore (I sat around for 3 hours yesterday waiting for them). Everybody doing their own bother me, but I was bothered by the lack of communication about change of plans and that I was just stuck waiting again. I decided that they are going to do their own thing and I will make every opportunity possible for them to join me, but unlike previous trips I’m not going to fund/schedule their time as I was starting to feel taken advantage of. I went grocery shopping with Steph. We came back and we all went to lighthouse and beach to watch sunset before buying supplies from a guy at mumbo jumbo. Came home. Cooked spaghetti. C was pressuring Steph to perform and was rather drunk, I got a bit defensive of Steph not having to entertain us and C responded pretty aggressively “I’ll just go inside and do the dishes and be a good house wife for you Scott”. She stayed inside and Steph played guitar while we talked about various things. Including….
Artists represent a balance between creativity and mastering a craft. With the advent of AI, individuals can circumvent the extensive hours traditionally required to learn a craft before expressing their creativity. Historically, artists were the deviants of society, yet now, many fear AI and its potential to eliminate the gatekeeping associated with mastering a craft prior to creative expression. If this holds true, the current generation of "artists" may become obsolete, giving rise to a new generation of AI-empowered deviants as the next wave of artists. The question then arises: who will be the innovative singer or painter who utilizes AI to express the demise of traditional artistry?
Mostly just a day of hanging out with friends. But their is something off with the relationship, especially between me and C and D seems tied at her hip (probably trying to work out some issues).
I’m still not sleeping so I’m pretty exhausted and not introspective

Comments
Post a Comment