Day 25

 On today's bike around the island, I ran into the owner of the Irish Setters that lived next door (diablos rojos). It’s a very small island. He knows Christian (the guy who knows I sunbathe nude because Chris told him). He asked me if I knew Chris's minimum price relative to his asking price for the house I rented (I did, Christian told me Chris would take $600k but has it listed for $850k). I really don’t think I could live on an island where everybody is up in everybody else’s business. 

The next chapter in the monk book was “Routine”.  This was an easy one for me. I already do most of the recommended activities. I like to go to bed early and wake up early, structure to my activities and schedule, sleep 8-9hr, I don’t focus on hours worked but on work produced, I try to spend time on where I find value.  What I don’t do well is my phone. As I learned earlier this week I’m highly addicted to my phone. Even first thing in the morning. 

Nati put some “essential oils” on me after my run. I think they use that like cologne. I smell like a tree. But I realized I haven’t used deodorant since Kin left and workout a bit.  So it may have been for him more than me:)



At sunset, I was at a  bar and did a 20min meditation on gratitude. About 5 minutes into the meditation a live band started playing about at some point people started dancing about 10' from my table. There were waitstaff and customers all around me but I was able to maintain a mostly mindful state. After about 10 minutes I started to explore the question of what am I most grateful for. I just let things come and go. Some things that kept reoccurring were: Kim. My life. Bernie (I had an emotional response to that disvoery). Kids. Health. Knoxville family. 

When I got back to the house/hotel/hostel (not sure what to call where I'm staying) the family we celebrating Shabbat (Friday night Jewish dinner). They had guests over and I was invited to join. It was a fun cultural mix of various languages and traditions (Hebrew, Spanish, Italian, English, Muslim, jewish, etc)... their was singing ...after a few hours I went to my room to be an introvert and call Kim

Comments