Day 22 & 23
This has to be a two-day journal.... I'm moving and can't find most of my notes or the monk book study guide... I have a list of goals I want to finish in the back of the monk book that I'm looking forward to finishing and it has my notes on business ideas for 55-65years old. I'm sure I will find it. I love lists and I like goals. But this quote from the Joy book I'm reading keeps ringing in my head "stop making lists of what you want to do, and start making lists of what you want to be". I've had a lot of partying over the last few weeks. I am looking forward to focusing more on other things. I made a tentative schedule for myself for my days at the Yoga retreat. I'll see how well I do at following it....
I spent a good part of the 22nd day just hanging out by myself at the pool at the house. I went the Carlos and Charlies and had one-yard rum punch.
It took me two trips to get all my stuff to the Yoga Sanctuary (2 bikes, the large bike suitcase, cooler full of beer, etc). So much for a minimalist living ;)
I am frustrated with the darma/purpose in the Monk book and how he says it has to be tied to service or it will not be fulfilling. All the ideas that I come up with related to service would bore me (most of the non-service ones would too). But I feel like I’m a bad person because I don’t seem to be drawn to service at all. I don’t like that feeling. I may spend more time on this doing the workshop sessions tonight, if not I will tomorrow.
I will make the most of tomorrow. I will remember that I will not live forever. Every fear and irritation that threatens to distract me will become fuel for building my best life one day at a time.
Here is my plan for tomorrow
I spent a good part of the 22nd day just hanging out by myself at the pool at the house. I went the Carlos and Charlies and had one-yard rum punch.
It took me two trips to get all my stuff to the Yoga Sanctuary (2 bikes, the large bike suitcase, cooler full of beer, etc). So much for a minimalist living ;)
I am frustrated with the darma/purpose in the Monk book and how he says it has to be tied to service or it will not be fulfilling. All the ideas that I come up with related to service would bore me (most of the non-service ones would too). But I feel like I’m a bad person because I don’t seem to be drawn to service at all. I don’t like that feeling. I may spend more time on this doing the workshop sessions tonight, if not I will tomorrow.
I will make the most of tomorrow. I will remember that I will not live forever. Every fear and irritation that threatens to distract me will become fuel for building my best life one day at a time.
Here is my plan for tomorrow
- 630 start run to money bar
- 7am sunup coffee meditation
- 730 run home
- 8am yoga
- 9am shower. Breakfast
- 1000 work
- 11-3 cycle around island (lunch) audiobook
- 3pm work
- 4pm ice
- 5pm yoga
- 6pm goto beach
- 7pm sunset journal
- 730 dinner
- 8pm bed
I found my monk book. Here are my notes on initial goals for the years between now and whatever happens in 2025.
Kids Launch
- Graduate College w Minimal/No Debt
- Employable
- Mentally Sound
- Relationship solid such that we maintain contact if we move to a different part of the country
Personal Health
- 2022 Full IM
- 2023+ 1/2IM or equivalent per year
- February trip (limit my time in MN in winter, maximize it in summer)
Relationship health
- Try to understand what Kim wants in life and relationship for the next 20 years
- Become comfortable asking for what I want
- Address conflict / defensiveness
- Find a retreat for couples that work together
Financial Health
- Establish trusts for personal, business, and real estate assets
- Redo Prima Marketing & work the new model
- If we grow back to 4-5 employees, find an additional personal assistant for Kim
Mental / Spiritual health
- Moto - Physically Fit body with a warm heart
- Foster gratitude
- Learn vulnerability
- Understand why I seem bored by service
Social Health
- Maintain relationship with family (see Jon 1-2x year)
- Maintain relationship with friends (see Knoxville family 2x year)
- Minneapolis connections - Host DnD every other week, Spend time at tri-club. Have ~6 intentional dinner parties a year.
Comments
Post a Comment