Day 38

 Mostly Kite surfed again today.  I officially gave up on A’s Kite Shack. He had me use a kite with a small tare in it that had some tape on it. I heard them the other day talk about how it really should be fixed but that they could likely get one or two more lessons out of it.  I went out with it and it ripped pretty bit during one of my crashes. He then had me try the same size kite but was for advanced riders. He warned me “not fuck up, it is like a fararri and you have been driving a Toyota”.  I yeeted myself pretty high into the air twice, once during a crash.  I said I didn’t feel safe. He told me to sit on the beach to wait for the 8M kite. I waited 3 hours… I walked to Velo and scheduled the lessons for the rest of the week.


I went for a UV night dive. I was worried about missing the sunset, bit it was one of the best I have experienced.  We put on our BCD’s and swam out right and the sun was hitting the horizon. I went underwater and started the dive a few minutes after the sun had cleared the horizon.  The UV part was pretty cool, but really it was the pitch black and the small incandescent fish. It was like swimming among the stars. We turned off the lights and it was pitch black and every time we moved they would light up around us. The UV lights showed were different parts of the coral were and some of the sea creatures would light up.  But really the highlight was the blackness. I noticed a half dozen occasions where the thought “it is black and you are pretty deep in the ocean and you have no idea where you are or how to get back” and I noticed fear starting to come up. I was mindful and fully present with the emerging fear and didn’t fight it off, but did have to dismiss it as I knew any fear could quickly grow into panic that would not be helpful. 

Comments