Day 36
Past few days I’ve been in a mental funk. I kite surfed daily and probably pushed it a bit too hard and my body and mind became exhausted. I have been overly concerned about the impact other unhealthy mindset has on me. Sometimes others are of pure monkey mind. No judgment. But when it happens I can’t help but having it happen to me too. Even when I try to respond rather than react, the frantic barrage of the others monkey mind overwhelms my fragile ability to be present. I can’t seem to figure out how to enhance this ability so it isn’t so fragile. It’s frustrating to me and the last few days have been unlucky as Kim’s been unwell.
Today Steph arrived and we with about with Mayleene and Javier for dinner after sunset and then to Momba Bar. Steph went out late with Armando. I just didn’t have the enery or desire to go out so I went back and crashed around 10PM (which is still late for me these days). The dinner was a lot of fun. Javier is Linux Sysadmin who is trying to figure out how to take a few months a year off work to live a life outside a cubical. We had some good conversations.
Comments
Post a Comment