Day 39 or something - The last post this trip
I am at peace.
Similar to trips in the past, some things I did on this trip were:
- Got in better shape
- Spent enough time alone to go from feeling lonely to feeling peace in solitude
- Spent enough time reading and thinking to discover more about myself
- Spent enough time drinking and meeting new people to know that I'm a hermit at heart
But unlike other trips, I'm not coming home with a big "I am going to do an Ironman" type goal or some revelation that I can most past some previous trauma. This time I'm going home with contentment.
During my time, I spent time in meditation (Vipassana), reflecting back on my lifetime and some of my reoccurring thoughts. I also did Metta meditation, reflecting on how much I love myself and those around me. I wrote down many thoughts that are too personal to put in a blog, but the short version is I am VERY content. Even the nonsense with mom only sidetracked my contentment for a day or two. That would have wrecked the old me and probably would have struck me like a train if I were not somewhere sunny where I had time to truly reflect so I could respond rather than react to the emotions.
This doesn't imply I don't have a long list of things I want to try when I return. Here are my five (each of which has many sub-bullets):
- Physical and Mental Wellness
- Gentle assertiveness
- Feeling unconditional love for myself and others
- Relationship With Kim
- Be of service to others
- Make it a priority to get PT on my left knee. During Crossfit I learned most of my stability issues are caused by the years of limited mobility in my left knee. This will get worse with age.
- Get an eye - I can’t see shit.
- Prostate exam? I pee A LOT (drinking a ton of water/beer here, but 6 times one night is too much)
- Have the doctor assess my breathing (I can only breathe out of one nostril). This will help with meditation and exercise too.
- Skin exam – got some moles and stuff that somebody should look at
Comments
Post a Comment