Season3 Episode1

​The flight was uneventful and painless. It’s just Kim and I for this first week. I’m not sure how introspective I’ll get this week, but I’m really glad to have some vacation time together away from work. I’ve got my goals drafted for this trip so I’m excited to get to work when the time is right. 


We had some tequila shots at the airport to help pass the time. When we arrived it took a bit longer to collect our luggage as I brought my triathlon bike with me.  


I made a sketchy deal all cash deal next to a taco stand for an even sketchier jeep. It doesn’t have a name yet. It’s a 1980s vintage wrangler that has the passengers seatbelt held on with zip ties, the radio only works in reverse and the windshield wipers come on if you hit a pot hole. 


The house I’ve rented is huge. Almost too big for one person. 


For dinner we went to the closest place to our villa that was open. We had fajitas on the beach and some trash pandas provided entertainment. 


Looking back I had a minor missed opportunity to practice a Paddy McGuinness moment. The waiter who ran my credit card and asked what I wanted to include for a tip (in Mexico you just round up). I told myself I was going to stick with the custom and not the gringo price.  I mumbled my response. He replies $140pesos is $7USD.  I said ok (it was only a few dollars… but I wasn’t comfortable sticking to what was in my head). 

Comments