Day 2
I am worried about my fitness. I have some physical and mental blocks that are keeping me from enjoying it they way I had been. Typically I just “work harder” when this happens but I dug myself into a deep enough hole a week ago with this that the desperation got really bad, so I took last week easy. Today was my first day running. I had been super excited to get to run outdoors, but what was scheduled to be a 13mile run at half marathon pace turned into a 7.5 mile suffer fest with the last two miles having so much fatigue and pain it was like the end of an Ironman. I know it didn’t help that I didn’t bring water or fuel and had more alcohol the day before than I had the previous month… but that kinda stuff is something I’m used to running thru (running cures most light hangovers) and I fueled and hydrated before I left so a 1-2hr run shouldn’t have been this hard.
I was able to enjoy the first to chapters of “think like a monk” on the run. I’m looking forward to diving deep into this book next week (this week I’m rushing thru the entire book to reacquaint myself).
I got back to the villa and Kim and I went to town for breakfast and groceries. We spent time by the pool at the villa and down the beach at Paradise Beach club. We finished the night at the seafood restaurant Alberto’s (not sure if that’s right). So far all the foods been insanely good and we are still just hitting the gringo resorts
Comments
Post a Comment